Top Dog Friendly Beaches Near Delray Beach
Enjoy these top dog friendly beaches near Delray Beach. We've listed information on each dog friendly beach. Sadie loves them and we know that your dog will too!
Peanut Island is a dog-friendly island accessible by ferry and by kayak or boat. Any dogs visiting the island must remain on leash, the leash can be no longer than 6ft long. We recommend checking out the the sandbar at low tide, it’s is a great place for dogs to run and play.
In addition to bringing the pup for a day, you can also camp overnight with your pooch. For more information about Peanut Island.
2) Bark Park Dog Beach
Located at Spanish River Park (3001 North Ocean Blvd.), between Lifeguard Towers 18 and 20, Bark Park is the perfect place to take your pup. Bark Park is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 7:00am - 9:00am and 3:00pm until Sunset (5:00pm until Sunset from March to November).
Yearly permits are $31 per dog for residents and $167 per dog for nonresidents and weekend passes are $11.
The 2.5 mile long beach, between marker #25 at Marcinski Road and going north to beach marker #59, is one of the last true dog-friendly beaches in all of Florida. Here, dogs can run off leash to their hearts content. Though off-leash friendly, the beach does have some rules to ensure the safety and happiness of pups and their two-legged companions.
Dog Beach Rules:
• Only behaved, obedient, well-socialized dogs should be brought to the beach. Dogs at Jupiter Beach are not required to be on-leash, therefore only non-aggressive dogs that respond to voice commands from their owners are allowed.
• Be a responsible dog owner. Because your dog is off-leash, please be vigilant and supervise your dog at all times, and do not go beyond the boundaries of the dog-friendly beach areas.
• Obey the Town’s leash laws. Dogs should be leashed while walking from the car to the beach.
• Dog owners should be conscientious of others at the beach. While the dog-friendly areas play host to our furry friends, the beach is open to all people, and owners should be courteous to those who may not want to interact with dogs.
• Leave no trace. provides dog waste bags at every crossover along the dog-friendly beach areas to ensure that our beaches are kept clean. Please do your part to maintain the cleanliness of the beach for everyone.